PDA

View Full Version : HSBC - Worst initial impression ever

skkhan
03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I have been doing online banking since there was a such thing and I can honestly say I've never had such a bad initial expereince. I am very surprised that this group isn't loaded with similar complaints.

Anyway, it is now 2 weeks since I filled out the application for my account online and to date I still don't have an account I can actually use. Every time I call up to find out what the latest delay is I get a new story about "this isn't acceptable documentation for this", "or it will come under separate cover in a day or two". Sure.

First off, they lied and told me I could open and fund the account right away, what they mean is you fill out this online form then they will e-mail you telling you that you must now prove you live where you claim. Oh, and we need a specific type of utility bill, not just the one you want to send us. And, when you fax it, we will surely lose it and make you send it again. A week into this and they finally have my fax (I only sent it 3 times on 3 different days), have "opened an account" and took my money. Do I have access to it? No way. Could they e-mail some of this info or at least tell me on the phone? No way. How about a online application that asks me for a password so that when they open the account I'm ready to go. No, can't do that either. I'm supposed to wait for the snail mail to arrive. Ok, 3 days later I get a letter telling me my "customer number", not an account number and or anything resembling a password. Oh right, I have to wait some more. Well, it's 3 more days later and I still have nothing.

I should just close the account as soon as I get access to it. That is, if I ever do. Needless to say, I have no idea how this bank is in business. Customers actually put up with this nonsense? What other banks do this? None that I've ever dealt with.

Anyway, anyone else have a similar nightmare they'd like to share?

Axer

Jharna
06-02-2012, 11:30 AM
HBSC is worst bank only.

Harold
07-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Yes it is really worst. I have seen the ratings of HSBC customer service about the Positive and negative comments. There is 98.66% negative comments and 6 Positive Comments out of 447 Total Comments is 1.34%.

creditcard1
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM
I agree with you guys it really worst. I have very bad experience with that.