PDA

View Full Version : Bank Tax Registration numbers

Nevets
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I wanted to ask about Bank Tax registration numbers.

My bank accounts are in Japan and UK, but at present I am temporarily living in Spain.

The Spanish Tax Authority have just initiated a new regulation (Model 720) requiring anyone staying in Spain more that 183 days should submit a declaration of overseas assents over 50,000 euro.

Along with data required such as the Swift code, Sort Number, Account number, bank name and address the Spanish Tax Office are asking for the banks Tax Number.

All bank statements in Spain have the banks tax number, as this is required by law for banks in Spain.This issue is that there is a 5,000 euro fine for any item missing in a set of data they require.

I called my Japanese and UK banks but they said they don't have a Bank Tax Number; that they use to be identified by the tax office. This response may be because I am not using the right terminology.

If anyone could kindly advise if Japanese banks and UK Banks have a tax identification number; if so what do banks call this.

Thank you for your help.

creditcard1
06-17-2013, 01:11 PM
You describe it very well, easy to understand. Thanks for sharing it.

Harold
07-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Of course Japanese banks and UK Banks have a tax identification number. It also called Tax ID no.