PDA

View Full Version : What are some ways to build your personal credit score?

Andrew
09-27-2011, 11:10 PM
What are some ways to build your personal credit score? I've heard of a few such as paying bills on time and buying on credit and then paying back. What are some ways you know of on how to build credit score and about how long does that method take? Thanks for your input.

lindadale
08-17-2012, 05:21 AM
It depend on what type of credit score you have.I think filing bankruptcy is one of the best way to recover from personal credit it takes some time but it is really a best way.

mark.1
10-13-2012, 07:21 AM
For those people, it iss important to understand the differences between good and bad debt. A small personal loan for a pet project or a used car from a bank or credit union you have a long history with counts as "good debt," and as long as it is easily added to your budget and paid on time, can do a lot to boost your score. There is also the secured card option, which requires you to put down as much money as you are willing to use it for, and as you spend your collateral, you use up the card until you "charge it up" again, as it were.

kentB
07-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Most consumers consider credit cards as a way to spend money that they don’t have at the current time. When it comes to rebuilding credit score, regular charge cards won't be a choice to rebuild a credit, but secured charge cards might. While these can be expensive, there are situations where they can be quite helpful. Repairing your credit is the primary reason.

creditcard1
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
There are different type of credit score, what type of credit score you have.

hansenmartin
10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
It depend on what type of credit score you have.I think filing bankruptcy is one of the best way to recover from personal credit it takes some time but it is really a best way.

yes you are right. This is the best way for recovering personal credit.