Thread: Wire Transfer fee rates

Wire Transfer fee rates

What are standard wire transfer fee rates? I've seen rates at about $10 to file through a bank and get a quick result. Is this typical? And also do fees increase with higher cash amount in a wire transfer?

I've seen a similar cost. It must be done manually on the bank's side. They have to fax over account information and forms to the Federal Reserve. After this is done the wire transfer is ready and can take less than 1 business day.

Searching for a fair deal on international money transfers can often be a complicated and tricky task. The banks are typically uncompetitive and it is widely accepted that foreign exchange brokers will often be able to provide good value. We aim to provide a useful ten point manual you can use next time you need to send money overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamu Banker View Post
    What are standard wire transfer fee rates? I've seen rates at about $10 to file through a bank and get a quick result. Is this typical? And also do fees increase with higher cash amount in a wire transfer?
    You are right the rate is $10. Wire transfer is best source to get money around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamu Banker View Post
    Hi,
    There are different kind of online services available for Wire transfer. Wire Transfer means move money using an electronic transaction anytime from anywhere.I know one of the service called Currency online which provide wire transfer service easily and which is secured.

Electronic transfers via an online FX broker is often most cost effective. Here is the registration URL for the service I have used for the past 5 years.

Online services differ from one another. For best info, ask the nearest bank in your town.

The rate of Wire Transfer depends on your country. In my country it is $5 per transaction. I think it is cost effective.